If you've spent any amount of time playing at online casinos, you'll know that it's important to understand exactly where you're playing and if you're safe.
With the sheer number of online casinos available right now, you may find yourself unsure of where to begin. Jumping at the first casino that offers you a great welcome bonus may be tempting, but it's not a smart move.
There are so many great sites available but unfortunately, not all online casinos are created equal. There are many unsafe and dodgy sites looking to scam users out of their hard-earned cash.
How to spot an unsafe online casino?
One of the many scams that illegal and unsafe sites attempt is to avoid paying out withdrawals.
After signing up, make a deposit, and betting on your favourite games, you may just be lucky enough to land a big win. Once it's time to make that withdrawal, you may find yourself on the ultimate losing end of the stick if you're playing at an online casino that isn't regulated.
Here's how can you avoid playing at these establishments and what you should look out for when signing up.
- Sign 1 - Look for the casino license - If you can find the regulators or casino license number listed at the bottom of the online casino, this should set off alarm bells. An unregulated online casino has no one to answer to and is more than likely illegal. If you find the license number, do a quick Google search and ensure that it's not a fake.
- Sign 2 - Ever-changing terms and conditions - If an online casino is always changing its terms and conditions to suit how or when it should pay out winnings, it may be time to close your account! Temporary restrictions or sudden changes to terms that should remain the same are never a good sign.
- Sign 3 - Aggressive customer support - Perhaps you've already attempted to make a withdrawal from your account with no luck. Contact the customer service team. If you receive a vague or aggressive answer, there's a good chance that the site is unsafe and illegal. A legal and regulated online casino will always have customer support staff that will try their best to help you with any and all withdrawal queries.
Stay safe - Play safe
Being a responsible gambler starts at making the safest choice when signing up at an online casino. Our handy guides can help you learn more about how to get started at online casinos and how to play safely.
Here are a few quick tips to keep in mind.
- Always play at a regulated and licensed online casino
- Ensure that proper KYC procedures are followed
- Know your rights as a legal online casino customer
- Contact your casino's regulator if you run into any problems
- Read casino reviews to learn more about other player's experiences
Stay safe and play like a pro by learning more before you create your account and make a deposit!