Gambling online in the Netherlands is not as straightforward affair as some might think. While it is legal to gamble online, the government pushes citizens to play at regulated state-owned institutions and have until recently made it very uncomfortable for players enjoying foreign vendor casino fun.
For a county that is extremely liberally minded, it boggles the brain as to why such conservative laws on online gambling have existed for so long. The EU has applied great pressure upon the nation to give up its monopoly on online gambling, which has lead to a bill being tabled (and shortly to be passed) that will see the country extending licenses to outside casinos, but with strict guidelines in place to regulate their services to ensure that players are kept safe.
The tax rate is also set to drop from 25% to 20% for online gambling operators gleaning business from the country’s citizens.
This has made servicing the nation from a foreign perspective a grey area for now, with many top European establishments offering their platforms to Dutch players looking for first-class European gambling entertainment. CasinoWow has provided a list of well regulated European casinos for you to choose from.
Each one offers a great array of games and entertainment value, as well as gambling licenses from other jurisdictions in Europe, like the UK Gaming Commission and Malta Gaming Authority, who are benchmarks in the market for strict yet fair regulation. This should set your mind at ease that you will be playing at safe and secure establishments who pride themselves on excellent customer services.
Thankfully, online gambling in the Netherlands is about to become much clearer with set rules and regulations in place.
As of the 1st of January 2021, Dutch players will be able to access their favourite online casinos with total peace of mind. As the new legislation comes into play, the market will open its doors to even more operators who are ready to cater to the player’s needs.
One of the largest downfalls of the current gambling space and the online casinos available is the lack of language support. Catering to players and their specific needs is a big plus. For online casinos to create a space that allows players to experience gambling in their own language is a huge step forward.
It’s already expected that more than 100 local companies will apply for an operating license once the laws are finalized.
Another important factor is the addition of identity verification via Trustly. Using a company such as Trustly can only mean even more safety and security for players within the Netherlands.
Language, Currency and Bonuses at Dutch Casinos
Language, currency and bonuses are probably three of the more vital things to look for when finding the online casino that suits you best.
Playing in your language avoids any mistakes in translation on the casino site. There is often vital information about payments, withdrawals, bonuses and the like that you will need to make sure that you understand fully before placing your first wager. Terms and conditions should never ever be breezed over in the online gambling world, as actions may have costly repercussions.
Never fear though, as CasinoWow has selected top online casinos who offer their services in Dutch, to suit all Netherlanders. Aside from this, the site also offers various other European languages, in case residents would prefer another tongue.
Playing in your currency has the same implications as playing in your language. The currency that you use on a daily basis carries a value that you are familiar with and is easily workable for you. If you are used to working in Euros and are suddenly made for betting in US Dollars, you may feel a bit like a fish out of water, as it may be difficult to associate with the value of what you are spending on deposits or wagers.
The best Netherlands casinos offer the option of playing in Euros, for your convenience. This also saves you the unnecessary cost of foreign exchange fees when cashing out winnings.
In keeping with your nationality or currency, the best online casinos for Dutch players will offer to sign up best bonuses for Dutch players to take advantage of. Some of these may require you to make minimum deposits to cash in on their promo, but often some of the sign-up bonuses carry a ‘no deposit’ requirement. These are offered with certain playthrough requirements but are a handy tool to get yourself accustomed to the games and software offered by the casinos without forking out of much of your cash.
Great Customer Service
Be assured that all of the casinos put forward by us have been tried and tested for their customer service and have excelled in every area. These top names in the online casino world are kitted with state of the art technology to keep a hand on all queries and resolutions.
Should you want to contact your Netherlands online casino, you are afforded several ways to converse with a professional customer service representative. These may include via telephone, facsimile, email, and via live chat, which is the preferred method of resolution by many. Our top casinos will have staff at your beck and call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Safe and Speedy Money Methods
Top casinos should provide top speed payouts and hassle-free deposits. The CasinoWow list of Top Netherlands Online Casinos games have reputations for above-average payouts, but not only that, their payout ratios are all high too, to ensure a good percentage pay-out of your winnings.
Transacting funds to and from a casino can prove costly and take time through conventional electronic banking methods, not to mention the fact that safety and security of your sensitive banking information are always open to being compromised on the world wide web. It is for this reason that top online casino operators usually support a variety of alternative banking methods top please their clients. These may include:
- E-Wallets: Electronic wallets are online virtual accounts that broker your cash as a third-party to and from casinos and other vendors. You top the wallet up from your bank account or credit card and then make payment to the online casino from here. None of your banking information is shared, the transfer is done instantly, and the cost is very small. Receiving payments works just as easily and speedily. E-wallets are consistently the fastest form of real funds transfer to and from online casinos and have therefore become a firm favourite for European gamblers. Favourite e-wallet service providers include names such as Neteller, Skrill, ecoPayz, and PayPal.
- Instant Transfers: When doing wire transfers or EFT’s from your private banking account, the funds may take up to 72 hours to reflect at a casino, especially if they are offshore operators. There are a few instant banking options, such as Citadel, Trustly, and SOFORT Banking that will fund your play at the casino instantly, while waiting for your bank to fund them when the funds clear, later on. Here, your banking details are secured, and the monies are swiftly transacted so that you can play without delay.
- Pre-Paid Cards or Vouchers: Paysafecard and Ukash are two prominent vouchers that can be bought at retail stores (loaded with cash over the counter) and then redeemed on the casino site for instant play. These methods are super-safe, as none of your sensitive information needs to be shared online to make use of these services.
- Credit and Debit Cards: Visa and Mastercard are all commonly accepted by top online casinos around the globe. These are still the most popular forms of payment at European Casinos, even though they are less secure and more expensive than some of the other options. Most people over 21 years have credit cards or debit cards in their possession, and it is therefore merely convenient to use a payment method that one is familiar with.
- Cryptocurrency Wallets: It is not uncommon for people to own cryptocurrency. This decentralised virtual currency has grown in leaps and bounds around the ‘globe’. Certain top online casinos will trade in a currency such as Bitcoin, Etherium, Litecoin, and certain others, to allow play in their casinos. Some of them may even pay out your winnings in the same currency, should you so choose. The advantages of crypto-wallets are that they are far more secure than conventional e-wallets and can even transact faster.
Dutch Online Casinos Summary
Just because the laws are slightly unclear on gambling in the Netherlands, does not mean that it has scared the top names in online casino entertainment away. Big names like Casumo, Leo Vegas, Dunder, and Slots Millions all stand with open arms to invite you in for a first-class experience in online gambling. So, place your deposit today to claim great bonuses to spend on your favourite games.