Online gambling is legal in Sweden, as so long as it is done within the country at a regulated casino. Svenska Spel has the monopoly of terrestrial and online gambling within the country. Much of the revenue aids in state funding.
The European Union has placed much pressure on Sweden to embrace online gambling offered from other jurisdictions in the EU, but until just recently, the Swedish government were defiant in listening, which lead to major threats of legal action by outside online operators who were facing much opposition for allowing Swedish players to visit and play on their sites.
Currently, Sweden is leaning towards a re-regulated online gambling market, with new more friendly tax laws on online gambling being suggested as well.
This means that the current climate of online gambling practice has hit a grey cloud.
Because of this, Swedes are finding far less resistance to seeking out of country options to fulfil their online gambling desires. However, because there is no regulation on outside casinos to Swedes, they are left vulnerable to abuse from operators. For this very reason, casinos from jurisdictions like Malta and the UK are very popular amongst Swedish players.
The strict regulations imposed upon these top casinos ensure that their overall customer service and ethical codes are world-class and far less of a risk to play at than many other jurisdictional offerings around the world.
One of the major changes under the new Swedish Gambling Act is the regulation of bonuses. Under the new Act, players are only allowed to receive one bonus offer over their lifetime from a licensed casino. This rule follows the license holder, meaning that the bonus offer can only be received from one of the license holder’s casinos.
Language, Currency and Bonuses at Swedish Casinos
Most people might assume that a casino with the best online slots games is the one to play at, but in reality, most Top Online Casinos offering their services to Sweden have a host of top-class games to choose from. The three initial things to look for should rather be Languages on offer, playable currencies, and bonuses on offer.
- Languages Offered: What is the point in playing the best online slots games if you cannot understand the rules and regulations of each game, or the casino’s overall terms and conditions regarding playthrough requirements, withdrawal procedures and bonus use? All of the best online casinos Sweden filtered by CasinoWow for you, offer both English and Swedish as a language of choice.
- Currency Offered: Playing at online casinos in another currency can be problematic for several reasons. Firstly, converting foreign currency paid out to your own currency can prove quite costly due to Forex commissions and other related fees. Secondly, the value of the unfamiliar currency may mean that you are not sure exactly how much you are winning, losing, or betting, which is very hazardous to good, sober bankroll management.
Online Gambling is a money game, so its best that you are familiar with the money you are gaming with. Fortunately, Swedish online casinos offer you the opportunity of playing in Swedish Krona (SEK), as CasinoWow is aware that you are one of few EU countries do not have adopted the Euro as a state currency.
- Bonuses: The reason that we rate casino bonuses so high, is because they can prove to be very valuable tools in evaluating whether an online casino offers all that you want from a vendor, before laying down huge deposits of your own only to find out that the operator does not suit Often sign up bonuses will offer you a chance of playing at a top casino without placing any deposit.
Be assured that there will be playthrough requirements before you can draw on winnings, but the reason these bonuses are given is so that you can explore for minimal cost, not so that you can make huge wins right off the bat.
Other deposit match bonuses are rather valuable too, as these will often double your playtime at the casino, by matching your deposit made. Be assured to check our CasinoWow selection of Swedish online casino bonuses offered to SEK players.
Fast and Efficient Customer Service
First-class customer service is extremely important at online casinos, as you will want to be able to resolve problems very easily if they crop up or receive efficient assistance if you need to clarify things. Our list of best Swedish Online Casinos is all known for great customer courtesy measures. You will be able to contact the casinos via email, telephone, or via live chat from the casino site 24/7.
Though we understand that there is no recourse for Swedish players at foreign casinos, rest assured that top online casinos value your patronage and want to keep you happy to maintain a good name and keep your business. As stated previously, all these casinos carry licenses from well-regulated jurisdictions, which tells the tale of their trustworthiness and ethical standard.
Magic Money Matters Management
The very nature of online gambling revolves around the movement of real money from players to casinos and back. Top Swedish Online Casinos, therefore, make sure that money movements are conducted speedily, efficiently, and securely.
Our list of top Swedish speaking online casinos offers a great percentage rate of pay-out, as well as high-speed payouts, with payments very rarely taking more than 24 hours to be passed and released by the casino. Unfortunately, payment hold-ups are not always due to the casino, but on the method of payment, you have selected to use in depositing funds and retrieving wins.
As a top Swedish casino, our online vendors offer a variety of top-class payment methods to make use of when depositing and withdrawing funds. Some of the more popular and speedy banking methods include:
- E-Wallets: Electronic wallets are third-party virtual wallets that act as a middleman between your bank and a retailer, casino, or seller. Topping the wallet up is done via your bank account and takes only a few moments. Once there is money in the wallet, you can opt to play just about any of them at high speed, without compromising your sensitive banking details. E-Wallets have a great reputation for being super-fast when depositing and receiving payouts from casinos.
A very popular e-wallet used in Swedish circles is PayPal, but there is also big competition rendered by other companies, like Skrill, Neteller, and ecoPayz, who are all extremely casino friendly.
Due to the legal climate of online gambling in Sweden, it is suggested that one uses a third-party payment method to secure funds.
- Pre-Paid Card Vouchers: Paysafecard and UKash are two prominent vouchers/prepaid cards that can be purchased and recharged at retailers throughout the country. All you need to do to deposit funds at your favourite online Swedish casino is to redeem credits by inputting the card/voucher code at the banking section of the casino site. Deposits are generally instant. ecoPayz also offers a Pre-paid Mastercard linked to the e-wallet, which can be used wherever you see the Mastercard
- iDebit and Instant Transfers: These sorts of transfers can be done from your bank account without the normal waiting periods and without inputting your sensitive banking details on the casino site. These deals are generally brokered by third-party vendors, such as Trustly and SOFORT Banking.
Please note that conventional banking methods, such as wire transfers, EFT’s and Credit Card payments are accepted at all top online casinos too, but the extra security offered by third-party service providers is always advised where the regulations on online gambling are a grey area in a country.
Swedish Online Casinos Summary
The opposition by the government to foreign Casinos servicing Swedish speaking clientele has not chased any of the big casino names away from offering you first-class entertainment. Endless iGaming entertainment is brought to you by casino houses, like Casumo, Dunder, Betsafe and Thrills Flying Casino. Have a look at our rather impressive list of operators eager to get you winning today, and rest assured that your entertainment experience will match those of the best in the world.Read more