Is online casino gambling legal in Sweden?
Online gambling was legalised in 2002 in Sweden. According to new legislation in 2019, online casinos must acquire a Swedish gambling license in order to offer their services to Swedes, and in order to do so heavy guidelines must be adhered to.
Are Swedish online casinos safe and secure?
Sweden is known as one of the strictest jurisdictions in the gambling world. Punters can be sure that the Spelinspektionen has their best interest at heart. It enforces high social responsibility from its licensed casinos which ensures fair and transparent gaming, plus a list of other regulations.
Which Swedish online casinos to avoid?
Be sure to check whether the casino holds a license from the Swedish Gambling Authority. Something else to look out for is an expired license and fake casinos. CasinoWow’s list of Swedish Casinos only includes licensed and trusted ones.
Which is the biggest Swedish online casino?
Swedish players have the pick of the litter when it comes to great casinos. At CasinoWow we pride ourselves on the fact that we test, review and rate the absolute best in the industry. LeoVegas has the title of the biggest and most popular casino in the Swedish market.
Which is the best Swedish online casino?
CasinoWow has a dedicated team of professional gamers who test, review and rate online games and casinos on a daily basis. We use a detailed list to establish which casino deserves a WOW title of being the best. Jalla Casino, a Betsson group owned casino, is definitely worthy of this title in Sweden.
Is there a max bonus cap at Swedish online casinos?
Spelinspektionin has very specific rules pertaining to bonus offers from online casinos. These regulations were made even more strict since the Covid-19 pandemic hit. Players have mostly been limited to 1 once-off bonus overall, the amount was limited to 100 SEK. This is to promote responsible gambling practices. In late 2021 bonus cap limits were lifted, and many online casinos changed their bonuses with bigger and better welcome offers.
Which regulator controls the Swedish market?
All online casinos that wish to offer gambling services to Swedes, need to be licensed by the Swedish Gambling Authority, Spelinspektionin. The regulatory body ensures that casinos follow fair and transparent practices toward their Swedish patrons and that problem gambling is not promoted or enticed. CasinoWow always reviews trusted providers for your convenience.
Are there deposit limits at Swedish online casinos?
Currently, Swedish players may deposit a maximum of 5000 SEK on a weekly basis. This limit was put in place during 2020 due to the Covid pandemic. Due to many people staying home during the pandemic, the gambling authority saw this as a good preventative measure for problematic gambling habits.
Can I take bonuses at Swedish online casinos?
Swedish players can certainly enjoy great bonus deals. Bear in mind that a player is limited to 1 Bonus offer. Have a look at CasinoWow’s list of great Swedish Bonus Offers.
Which are the most popular online casino games in Sweden?
Sweden has a casual online gambling community and some of the favourite games include Live Dealer Table Games, Online Slots and High Volatility Slots. At CasinoWow our professional team of gamers continuously analyse casino games in order to keep you up to date. Have a look at our list of top casino games in Sweden here.
Which is the top payment method at Swedish online casinos?
The most popular and accepted online gambling methods of payment in Sweden are Pay N Play, VISA and Mastercard payments, e-wallets like Neteller and Skrill. Third-party payment methods such as Trustly, Zimpler and ecoPayz are also favourites of Swedish punters. Be sure to check what payment methods are accepted and pick one that is most convenient to you.
Online gambling is legal in Sweden, as so long as it is done within the country at a regulated casino. Svenska Spel has the monopoly of terrestrial and online gambling within the country. Much of the revenue aids in state funding.
The European Union has placed much pressure on Sweden to embrace online gambling offered from other jurisdictions in the EU, but until just recently, the Swedish government were defiant in listening, which lead to major threats of legal action by outside online operators who were facing much opposition for allowing Swedish players to visit and play on their sites.
Currently, Sweden is leaning towards a re-regulated online gambling market, with new more friendly tax laws on online gambling being suggested as well. This means that the current climate of online gambling practice has hit a grey cloud.
Because of this, Swedes are finding far less resistance to seeking out of country options to fulfil their online gambling desires. However, because there is no regulation on outside casinos to Swedes, they are left vulnerable to abuse from operators. For this very reason, casinos from jurisdictions like Malta and the UK are top-rated amongst Swedish players. They now hold the additional Spelinspektionen license to operate legally within the country.
The strict regulations imposed upon these top casinos ensure that their overall customer service and ethical codes are world-class and far less of a risk to play at than many other jurisdictional offerings around the world.
One of the major changes under the new Swedish Gambling Act is the regulation of bonuses. Under the new Act, players are only allowed to receive one bonus offer over their lifetime from a licensed casino. This rule follows the license holder, meaning that the bonus offer can only be received from one of the license holder’s casinos.
Learn more about Online Gambling Regulations in Sweden.
Language, Currency and Bonuses at Swedish Casinos
Most people might assume that a casino with the best online slot games is the one to play at, but in reality, most top European casinos offering their services in Sweden have a host of top-class games to choose from. The three initial things to look for should rather be Languages on offer, playable currencies, and bonuses on offer.
- Languages Offered: What is the point in playing the best online slot games if you cannot understand the rules and paytables of each game, or the casino’s overall terms and conditions regarding playthrough requirements, withdrawal procedures and bonus use? All of the best online casinos filtered by CasinoWow for you, offer both English and Swedish as a language of choice.
- Currency Offered: Playing at online casinos in another currency can be problematic for several reasons. Firstly, converting foreign currency paid out to your own currency can prove quite costly due to Forex commissions and other related fees. Secondly, the value of the unfamiliar currency may mean that you are not sure exactly how much you are winning, losing, or betting, which is very hazardous to good, sober bankroll management. Online Gambling is a money game, so it's best that you are familiar with the money you are gaming with. Fortunately, Swedish online casinos offer you the opportunity of playing in Swedish Krona (SEK), as CasinoWow is aware that you are one of few EU countries that do not have adopted the Euro as a state currency.
- Bonuses: The reason that we rate casino bonuses so high is because they can prove to be very valuable tools in evaluating whether an online casino offers all that you want from a vendor, before laying down huge deposits of your own only to find out that the operator does not suit you. Often sign up bonuses will offer you a chance of playing at a top casino without placing any deposit. Be assured that there will be playthrough requirements before you can withdraw your winnings, but the reason these bonuses are given is so that you can explore for minimal cost, not so that you can make huge wins right off the bat. Other deposit match bonuses are rather valuable too, as these will often double your playtime at the casino, by matching your deposit made. Be assured to check our CasinoWow selection of Swedish online casino bonuses offered in SEK currency.
Fast and Efficient Customer Service
First-class customer service is extremely important at online casinos, as you will want to be able to resolve problems very easily if they crop up or receive efficient assistance if you need to clarify things. Our recommended Swedish online casinos are all known for great customer courtesy measures. You will be able to contact the casinos via email, telephone, or via live chat from the casino site 24/7.
Though we understand that there is no recourse for Swedish players at foreign casinos, rest assured that top online casinos value your patronage and want to keep you happy to maintain a good name and keep your business. As stated previously, all these casinos carry licenses from well-regulated jurisdictions, which tells the tale of their trustworthiness and ethical standard.
Magic Money Matters Management
The very nature of online gambling revolves around the movement of real money from players to casinos and back. The top online casinos, therefore, make sure that money movements are conducted speedily, efficiently and securely.
Our list of top Swedish speaking online casinos offers a great percentage rate of pay-out, as well as high-speed payouts, with payments very rarely taking more than 24 hours to be passed and released by the casino. Unfortunately, payment hold-ups are not always due to the casino, but on the method of payment you have selected to use in depositing funds and retrieving wins.
Our recommended online vendors offer a variety of top-class payment methods to make use of when depositing and withdrawing funds. Some of the more popular and speedy banking methods include:
- E-Wallets: Electronic wallets are third-party virtual wallets that act as a middleman between your bank and a retailer, casino, or seller. Topping the wallet up is done via your bank account and takes only a few moments. Once there is money in the wallet, you can opt to play just about any of them at high speed, without compromising your sensitive banking details. E-Wallets have a great reputation for being super-fast when depositing and receiving payouts from casinos. A very popular e-wallet used in Swedish circles is PayPal, but there is also big competition rendered by other companies, like Skrill, Neteller, and ecoPayz, who are all extremely casino friendly. Due to the legal climate of online gambling in Sweden, it is suggested that one uses a third-party payment method to secure funds.
- Pre-Paid Card Vouchers: Paysafecard and ecoVoucher are two prominent vouchers/prepaid cards that can be purchased and recharged at retailers throughout the country. All you need to do to deposit funds at your favourite Swedish online casino is to redeem credits by inputting the card/voucher code at the banking section of the casino site. Deposits are generally instant. ecoPayz also offers a Pre-paid Mastercard linked to the e-wallet, which can be used wherever you see the Mastercard logo.
- iDebit and Instant Transfers: These sorts of transfers can be done instantly from your bank account without the normal waiting periods and without inputting your sensitive banking details on the casino site. These deals are generally brokered by third-party vendors, such as Trustly and Pay N Play. Please note that conventional banking methods, such as wire transfers, EFT’s and Credit Card payments are accepted at all top online casinos too, but the extra security offered by third-party service providers is always advised where the regulations on online gambling are a grey area in a country.
Swedish Online Casinos Summary
The opposition by the government to foreign casinos servicing Swedish speaking clientele has not chased any of the big casino names away from offering you first-class entertainment. Endless iGaming entertainment is brought to you by casino houses, like Casumo, Dunder and Betsafe. Have a look at our rather impressive list of operators eager to get you winning today, and rest assured that your entertainment experience will match those of the best in the world.