A Beginner's Online Poker Guide
The first step is to find a poker variant you want to play. If you are new to online poker, the best thing would be to try one of the more popular variants which would be No-Limit Texas Hold’Em.
Once you’ve chosen your poker casino game, you can click the start button after which the dealer will hand you two cards face down. These are referred to as your hole cards and only you will be able to see them. Once these cards have been dealt up to all players, five cards will be dealt up in the middle of the table. Before each card is placed on the table, you’ll get to make a bet. The five cards in the middle are known as community cards and are shared by everyone.
After the first betting round, three cards will be dealt face-up on the board which is also referred to as “the flop”. After this, there will be another round of betting before a single ‘turn’ card will be dealt face up. From there another round of betting will take place after which the final card is known as “the river” is dealt up.
This sequence is often referred to as the Flop, Turn and River, once it competes there will be a final betting round and any players left will turn over their cards to see which hand is the best. The player with the winning hand will get to take the winning pot, should there be more than one winner the pot will be split.
The main objective of the game is to make the best five-card poker hand from the two cards in your hand and the community cards.
Types of poker hands
1. Royal Flush – Biggest winning hand made up out of a ten, jack, queen, king and ace. All of the same suit.
2. Straight Flush – Five cards of the same suit in the right order.
3. Four of a Kind – Four cards numerically matching.
4. Full House – A three of a kind card combination as well as a pair in the same hand.
5. Flush – Five cards in any order if the same suit.
6. Straight – five cards in sequential order (can be any suit).
7. Three of a Kind – Any three cards numerically matching.
8. Two Pair – Two different pairs of cards in the same hand, e.g. 8-8, k-k.
9. One Pair – Any two cards numerically matching.
10. High Card – This is the highest-ranking card in your hand where an Ace is considered the highest and a two the lowest.
Start your Poker journey at any of the top-rated online casinos today and enjoy some popular variants of casino games, as well as, the newest table games bonuses.