What is a Smartphone?
A smartphone is a cellular phone on steroids. Most of them have the functions of a mini computer; able to manage all of your affairs: From making phone calls, to messaging and emailing, to alarms, reminders, taking photos and videos, calendar options, weather reports, live news updates, search engines, fitness applications, games, and much more. All of this is done on a device that is barely bigger than your hand.
Most smartphones run on easy to use gesture-based operating systems with touch control. This means that there are rarely any buttons on the phones. The most prominent software used on these devices is usually iOS by Apple, or Android OS by Microsoft.
Smartphones have truly revolutionised the convenience factor and have made it possible to have a flutter, while ‘on the go’. You can literally whip out the device and open up your favourite mobile casino game while standing in a queue, commuting on a bus, or sitting in a park - the power is firmly in your hands!
When it comes to gambling from your smartphone, the process is seamless. Once you have registered on a casino site, you can save the shortcut link of the operator to your iPhone or Android phone. Simply tap the shortcut, login and choose your game of choice.
In the past mobile phones were underpowered, with limited memory and hard drive space to deal with online casino sites. Playing with casino apps was traditionally the only way that the device could cope with the graphical rendering of the games. Here, the games were ‘dumbed down’ for the slower processing speeds.
Fortunately, as technology accelerated, phones became far more powerful and capable of processing heavy data loads. Present browser options also help lighten the load tremendously.
Many of the games today are produced for instant play from the web browser thanks to HTML 5 browser tech. This software ensures that the game is seamlessly integrated into the mobile platform so that visuals, sounds, and gameplay are not compromised.
The gameplay is not the only perk offered by mobile casinos. Their character of the casinos extends to so many more things, including:
- Great regulation;
- Strong Customer Support;
- Wide Spread of Gaming Titles;
- A large number of banking methods;
- Fast Payout Solutions;
- Great VIP programs;
- Top smartphone and mobile bonuses on offer.
Playing on a smartphone may take some getting used to if you are transitioning from desktop casino gaming. Firstly, the screen is so much smaller, and the controls are not where you would expect them to be.
Most of the time the games are optimised for touch display, with simplified controls so that the screen can be maximised for the reel set rather than for multiple control switches. Do not worry, though, as most of the controls are still available, but you may have to go into the menu to find them.
With many of the top casino providers focussed on the mobile market, some may release smartphone casino games before the desktop versions come out. In fact, some may only be playable in mobile formats. You can easily spot a casino game that was produced for iPhone casinos and Android online play, as they often have a high stack of reels. These are produced to play in portrait format on the phone.
The gameplay is generally seamless on a smartphone, and the visuals usually are very crisp. Toggling your bet is easy, and spinning the reels are usually carried out by tapping the biggest button on the screen.
Advantages of Playing Games with a Smartphone
The benefits of playing at smartphone casinos are quite obvious, but for the sake of a summary, here are some of the positives you can expect from smartphone gaming:
- 'On the Go' Convenience: Being able to play wherever and whenever you like is a real bonus offered from your smartphone. It frees you of restrictions and counteracts boredom.
- Lightweight: Smartphones are small and lightweight, which means you can carry them around without too much issue. Bulkier tablets and laptops generally need special bags, adding to your baggage woes.
- Mobile First Gaming: Most of the modern games releases these days are released for mobile play. Some of these are even released for mobile devices first, which means that you will be able to play some of the later games from your smartphone before they’re available to the desktop and laptop markets.
- Dual Play: Smartphones can access games via both casino apps and instant browser play, meaning that there are essentially two ways in which to gamble from your iPhone or Android phone.
Limitations of a Smartphone
Since there is no perfect solution for all people, here are some of the limitations you can expect when considering this gambling platform:
- Older games: Some of the older classic games playable on desktops may not be available to mobile users. Trying to access some of these Flash-based games may prove to ‘render-heavy’ for the slightly weaker devices.
- Small screen: The bigger the screen, the more immersive the gaming experience. One of the limitations of a smartphone is its small screen. When compared against the list of ‘on the go’ pros, this limitation seems unimportant.
- Vulnerable Gambling: Playing from your smartphone is very easy to do. For some people, it may be too easy. Vulnerable players might find a convenient gameplay a vice. If you are one of these players, we urge you to make use of the casino's deposit and withdrawal limit options and make use of good bankroll management tactics.
Smartphone casino play probably offers the best compromise between online and mobile gambling. The screens are not as diminutive as wearable devices, such as smartwatches and Apple Watches, but they counter all the limitations of traditional desktop play.
The casinos in this listing offer some of the finest smartphone-friendly entertainment. Simply register an account via our portal and claim your startup bonuses to maximise your gameplay and extend your initial bankroll.Read more