More about the Free Spins Bonus Feature
A free spins bonus feature is usually the main feature in a modern slot game. It entails a round of reel spins afforded to you for absolutely free. For instance, if a game awards 10 free spins, it means that the reels will spin 10 times without charging you a dime.
Your wins will be tallied by the amount of money wagered at the time of triggering the feature.
Some slot games like Immortal Romance even offer 2 or more free spins games in a single slot. Popular title by Novomatic like Lucky Lady's Charm Deluxe triggers 15 free spins when you hit 3, 4 or 5 scatters and the feature can be re-triggered up to 500 free spins. Each game will offer you slightly different features but usually guarantee you some good-time entertainment.
Free Spins are generally quite popular because they often come with extra features to enrichen the experience.
How to trigger Free Spins
Free spins bonus features can be triggered in several ways, but there are four more popular keys to unlocking this treasure trove:
1. Scatter Wins – The most common way of activating free spins in games, is by landing three to five scatters on the screen. The number of triggering icons usually determines the number of spins awarded. Not only will the scatters trigger the feature, but also pay you a combinational reward for having landed them in the first place (see the paytable).
2. Respins – Games that come with a respin feature after every win, can often trigger a free spin bonus game after re-spinning several consecutive times.
3. Mini-Games – Some pick features and mini-games may award free spins as a prize when selecting random icons, or when spinning a wheel of fortune etc.
4. Free Spin Bonus Icon – Sometimes the game will not make use of scatters, but rather bonus icons that will trigger the feature without the additional pay-out that scatters afford you.
Extra features that enrich the experience
As stated earlier, there are often add-ons to add to the free spins experience. These are extras that you wouldn’t traditionally get in base game spins. These may include:
1. Retriggers – Certain free spin rounds can be re-triggered. This is usually done by landing the scatter trigger symbols again. Other times, only one scatter is needed to re-trigger or add extra spins to the tally.
2. Multiplier – Several games providers make it so that wins are doubled or tripled at the end of a free spin feature. This makes for great wins.
3. Wilds – There is a long list of special features that can be concluded with Wilds. All Wilds will substitute for standard reel symbols to help complete winning combinations. Some of the Wild features may include:
- Sticky Wilds: These are wild symbols that stay in the position that they land in for the remainder of the free spin feature.
- Expanded and Stacked Wilds: These symbols cover more than one position on the reels to offer an extra chance at placing combinational wins on the screen.
- Multiplier Wilds: When a Wild symbol lands and completes a winning combination, it multiplies the win by a predetermined
- Extra/Random Wilds: Some free spin features may add extra random Wilds to the screen after the reels have rolled, as a bonus opportunity to complete winning combos.