Why are Keno games so popular?
Keno is a popular casino game because it offers easy, mindless fun that requires no exertion or skill on the part of the player. The outcomes are solely random, which means that you will need to rest on lady luck for wins.
It is also a familiar process for players, as many keen Keno lovers are lottery players. The base game principles are the same:
- Pay for your numbers
- Choose your numbers
- Wait for the random number drawer
- Compare the number matches
- Receive payouts for any wins
Being able to play whenever you choose, without waiting for draws is a bonus that players enjoy. You become a master of your own destiny. Play in quick succession, or a game a day – the choice is solely yours.
Know the game
Before you learn the mechanics of how the game works and how the payouts are made, you will need to familiarise yourself with the common elements found in all Keno games.
Keno Card: This is usually a grid of 8 rows of 10 digits numbered from 1 to 80. This is where your number selections can be made.
Pay Table: This is where you will be able to work out what your winning payout will be if you are successful. It is essential to realise that payouts are not based on the amount of numbers you get correct in a drawer but are more accurately made based on the ratio of how many of the numbers were correct to the number of digits chosen. Matching 5 of 5 numbers is better than matching 5 of 10 selected numbers.
Playing the game is painless and straightforward and can be learned in a jiffy:
- Choose a reputable CasinoWow approved Keno game.
- Once you have received your numbered grid, you can select between a minimum of 1 number and a maximum of 20 numbers to play with. Bear in mind what was said earlier about pay-outs being based on the ratio of correct number versus the numbers chosen.
Instead, select a smaller variety of digits. You will begin to realise that as you select numbers, the payout table will begin to populate. The Hits and Payouts columns will reveal what sort of prizes you can expect to win if you match specific quantities of number matches.
- Place your wager based on how lucky you feel with your selection and then press Play (or equivalent).
- Wait for the numbers to be drawn. These will then be compared against your selection and will be paid where necessary.