Introduction to Keno
If you are a lover of playing the lottery, or perhaps you enjoy a game of bingo, then Keno is a game for you. This game of numbers has been a popular title in land-based casinos for a very long time. Its inclusion in casinos on the online gambling stage means that you need not leave the house to have a go at winning some cash on the spot.
Unlike playing the lottery, you do not have to wait for a once a week chance to bring in the wins. Even land-based casino Keno games have intervals between draws. Online Keno will draw immediately after you have selected your numbers so that you can play several games within a few minutes, all from the comfort of your armchair.
Keno is technically a casino form of the lottery, but unlike the massive wins afforded you by lottery draws, Keno payouts are considerably less. However, the odds of winning are far better.
A brief history of online Keno
It is believed that earlier forms of Keno originated in China. Legends speak of the way the game was designed as a source of income for the government to raise funds for wars and battles. It is said that the Great Wall of China was funded in this way. The citizens of the country responded far better to paying towards winning a prize, rather than paying forced taxes. This way everybody was happy.
The first officially recognised forms of Keno date back to the 19th Century, when the Portuguese began licensing the game in 1847. Chinese immigrants to the United States introduced the game in that area, with the result that the Americans made the game their own. The name “Keno” was first introduced in Houston, Texas.
Today, the modern versions of the game are playable at land-based casinos, in Live Online Casinos, and in virtual online platforms. The growth of the information age has even made it possible for such games to be played from the convenience of your palm, from your very own mobile phone.
Online Keno gameplay
Keno is a game based purely on luck. All numbers drawn are done by a “random number generator” and as such cannot be predicted at all. Because of this, you need not wear your brain out trying to think up strategies to manipulate or trick the machine, as this would prove futile.
Gameplay involves the following procedures:
- You will be given a number selection card (Keno Card), to mark your number choices on. This is a display with a grid of numbers showing. These numbers range between 1 and 80.
- You are then able to select your bet for the round by toggling the arrows next to the wager display. To increase the wager press “Up”. To decrease it press “Down”. The more you bet, the more you will win, if you make the correct choices.
- You will need to select between 1 and 15 numbers on the Keno card that is presented to you on the screen. These are numbers that you think maybe drawn by the machine. Please be aware that it is not always the wisest decision to select the maximum number of choices available in a round, as your payouts are made in conjunction with the percentage ratio between the tally of numbers you got correct in comparison to the numbers you chose. For example, you will win more if you choose 10 numbers and get 6 correct, than if you choose 15 numbers and get 6 correct.
- When choosing your numbers, you will notice that there is a display to the side of the grid that will tell you how many credits you stand to win for a certain number of hits. The more selections you make, the more required hits you will need to make in order to win anything.
- Should you not want to choose your own numbers, you can select for the machine to make a random “quick-pick” on your behalf. This works in a similar fashion to the “quick pick” function available at most National Lottery games.
- After making your selections and setting your bet, you may select the number of draws you would like the machine to play for you in succession. Usually, these selections range between 1 and 10 times.
- Once you have selected how many times the machine should play with your selected combination, it will automatically progress onto the selection of numbers. In Keno, the machine will select 20 random numbers that will be crossed off the grid. If any of these crosses land on any of your numbers, they will count as a “hit”.
- Odds and payouts depend on what ticket you have selected to play. These are determined by two factors: How many numbers you have selected to play with and how much you have wagered on your ticket.
Tips and tricks for playing online Keno
As stated earlier, Keno results are yielded purely by luck, and therefore the tips that we can offer you in this guide will not teach you how to manipulate the results, as this is impossible. They aim, rather, to give you some valuable game-playing wisdom.
- Playing free Keno games online will give you all the practice you need before staking real cash down with the possibility of losing it all. You can experiment with a different number of quantities so that you are aware of how the machines will payout. As we always say, confidence is most likely to yield success. A good place to build that confidence is to go for “Free to play” games.
- Ensure that you play at a casino that offers a good return to player ratio. It’s pointless choosing a game that has a 61% RTP when there are others that offer around 97%. This means that for every credit spent, the casino will only take 0.03 credits towards profits and redistribute 0.97 credits back to the players. This does not mean that you will hit success in every game, it means that this amount will be awarded back to players around the globe within the course of the lifetime of the machine. Still, an edge of 97% is far better than an edge of 61%.
- Find a casino offering good bonuses that can be used on Keno games. Because so many casinos prioritise their slot games and other table offerings, sometimes Keno is overlooked, but there are bonuses out there that can be used on certain Keno games. This will help you settle into playing paid casino titles without putting too much of your own money on the line.
Popular Keno games
For all the lottery fans, Keno is a must! You can choose among plenty of different Keno games, each of them adding fresh designs, features, and modernisation to the idea of this well-known game. We want to help you embrace some of the most beloved Keno games. Take a look:
Keno Universe is a lottery-style game, offering jackpots of up to 10,000 times your bet. It is perfect for beginners as it is super easy & simple.
Burning Keno is ready to light up balls with each game round. Enjoy this classic slot with 80 numbers and the opportunity for jackpot bonus wins.
Get into the sci-fi galaxy theme and be ready to enjoy 2x to 10x win multipliers and payouts of up to 10,000x your bet. Starship Keno Multiplier will thrill any Keno fan!
This guide provides you with all the basics needed to both play and understands the basics of Keno. At CasinoWow, we aim to please our guests. Therefore, we have a number of casinos listed, where you can try out Online Keno now.